I Love My Kids.....

I Love My Kids.....

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The beginning....

On Sunday, November 28, we notice that Sophie was not eating normally. I went to see the Nutcracker with my family, so Jeramy had the kids. We just thought it was because she had not had a bottle all week since we were off for Thanksgiving and was used to being with me.
On Monday, November 29, we went to school as normal and I took Ethan and Sophie to Kenwick. I started Sophie on her bottles with breast milk and 1oz of formula.  When I picked her up, her teachers said that she would barely drink her bottles and was a little fussy.
On Tuesday, November 30, Sophie was the same at school. It was taking her an hour to eat an oz. So I decided to leave work early and take her to see the doctor. The doctor told me that there was nothing wrong with her and that she probably does not like the mixture of breast milk and formula. The doctor wanted me to do just breast milk to see if she would go back to eating normal.
On Wednesday, December 1, Sophie had just breast milk; however, she was still not eating and getting fussier. So I decided to take her back to the doctor. This time we saw a different doctor and he said that she has a red throat and she probably is getting a cold.
On Thursday, December 2, I decided to take off and stay home with her. She was about the same. She ran a low grade fever and was not nursing as good as she normal does. She was starting to look sick in her eyes, and not acting like herself.
On Friday, December 3, my mom stayed with Sophie. My mom called me and told me that she is refusing to eat and was really fussy. She could tell that Sophie was in pain and did not feel good. So I called the doctor and scheduled another appointment.
When we saw the doctor he said her throat was red. I told him that it is not like her not to eat or nurse.  He did three test, blood, strep, and urine. The urine test came back positive for a UTI infection. So he gave her a shot of antibiotic and an antibiotic for 10 days.
On Saturday, Sophie appeared to be doing better, but then Sunday she regressed. We were worried about her becoming dehydrated.
On Monday, my sister in law watched her. I spoke to her in the morning and Sophie was refusing to eat. She had little wet diapers and was extremely fussy. So I called the doctor again. He told me to take her to Texas Children's Hospital.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dylan, Ethan, and Sophie

Dylan, Ethan, and Sophie